Keeping us connected and safe during the COVID alert levels
Life has certainly changed for everyone during 2021. As we continue to live with COVID-19, it’s good to know that Virtual Village East will always be here to support you. Keeping that sense of connection, and feeling part of a community, is more important than ever!
As New Zealand moves through the different alert levels, here’s a quick guide to how we’ll be operating at Virtual Village East.
To check current alert levels, visit the official website at www.covid19.govt.nz.
Here’s what will happen under Alert Levels 3 and 4
What will be cancelled:
- There’ll be no in-person activities or gatherings. These include any day trips, coffee & catch-up at Te Tuhi, and any other in-person classes such as Mindfulness and Safe and Strong.
What will continue:
- You’ll receive our weekly email with activities and interesting clips to watch
- You can visit the YouTube channel for online exercises and mindfulness videos that can be enjoyed from the comfort of your home. Visit the YouTube channel.
What will start up:
- ZOOM coffee catch-ups will happen on the last Tuesday of the month, at 10.30am. Don’t worry if you’ve never used ZOOM before, we can help you get set up!
- The VVE phone tree to keep in touch. If you’d like to join the phone tree please email Lee at email@example.com.
Here’s what we’ll do under Alert Level 2
We’ll be able to meet in person again, although only in small groups (with a maximum of 10 people).
And if you’d still prefer to stay at home, we’ve got plenty of online ways to keep in touch.
Here’s what we’ll do under Alert Level 1
We’ll be able to meet in person again, with no restriction on numbers. Whenever we gather, we’ll be sure to follow the usual safety precautions such as hand sanitising, social distancing etc.
We’re always just a phone call or email away (Lee’s email again is firstname.lastname@example.org). Please get in touch if you have any questions, ideas, or concerns. Together, we’ll stay connected, right throughout these unusual times!